Monday, January 9, 2012

PT

Before Christmas I found out Cole was approved for PT (Physical Therapy). I was excited since I know Cole has poor core muscles and tends to need help with certain tasks. We live in an apartment on the first floor so he has not had much practice with stairs unless we go to a friends house. He is not horrible at it but I worry if he tries to go up or down by himself.  I knew that the therapist who evaluated him wanted to take his case on but would not be able to do that until after the holidays. So as I was about to call today to see what was going on with making his appointments when they called me. The call was a reminder that Cole had an appointment tomorrow at 11am. I told them that we were not made aware of this appointment but we would take it since I didn't want to prolong this so we took the appointment. I am hoping that Cole will enjoy this but I have a feeling that since they will be putting demands on him he might not. The gym is really nice and I Cole loved running around it the last time we are there. I am hoping that tomorrow I will be able to get some pictures and blog about the whole experience we have. I will also include Cole's goals that we will be making. I know we have a lot. Also next week we have an EI OT appointment. Hopefully we get approved for that.So until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Awesome blog! My son was diagnosed in July 2011 as well. Your little boy is gorgeous. How old is he? I found your blog through Homestyle Mom on Facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney My son is 2 yrs old. I am glad you are enjoying my blog. Thats amazing our sons were diagnosed the same month. How old is your son? Do you know where he is on the spectrum? How are you holding up with everyday life? I would love to hear about you.

    ReplyDelete