Friday, April 1, 2011

A new month

April is here and with warm weather coming, so will advancements with Cole.  Today he was able to mouth bubbles but not get the sound out.  It makes me so happy that he was able to do this but sad that no sound came with it.  He tries so hard on something that comes so natural to most children.  I know that I am not the only mother that feels this way but at times I feel that I am the only mother.  Cole also showed Noreen (from EI) that he can now sign peg with little assistance.  We plan to continue with sign language and also trying to get Cole to speek.  We also worked on his mouth muscles.  We used sour candy spray on the battery operarated toothbrush.  I didn't know if he would like the spray but he really enjoyed it.  I plan to try to do this 3 times a day.  Hopefully this will help. I also plan to research more ideas to use with Cole. If anyone has a suggestion I would  love to hear it.
Tuesday we will start Omega-3 since studies show that it helps children with speech delay.  My Aunt was so nice to send us that and a new multivitamin.  After cafefully looking into different suppliments my husband and I decide that this would be our first suppliment to try.  I also plan to speak to his doctors on anything else he should be taking. 
2 days left until his evaluations.

No comments:

Post a Comment