Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Amazed

I saw the most amazing article today about a 12yr old boy who was diagnosed with autism and has a higher IQ then Albert Einstein. This boy's mom chose not to listen to the doctors who diagnosed him and worked to unlock her childs' passion. When she did that her son just blossomed into this educated boy he is now.  It made me believe that if I work hard and find Cole's passion he could go as far as that boy.  It gave me the boost I needed to try to unlock Cole's passon.  So far it seems to be gold fish crackers lol.  If I do nothing else in my life I will know that I did everything to help Cole turn in to the great man he is meant to be.

Tomorrow we start back up with EI.  He has 2 days off this week and I know tomorrow he will do just as well if he only had the 1 day off.  This week Noreen (his DI) and I plan to introduce new methods to work on his mouth muscles. 

I still have days when I am sad for Cole and the struggles he will have to deal with.  I still have days when I feel like I am the only one who is going through this.  It helps to be reminded that there are a lot of other people with the same struggles.  I also know that Cole is a determined young boy who will do whatever he needs to succed in life.  So on that note surround yourself with support of family friends or even support groups. Strength is in numbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment