Saturday, July 16, 2011

June 16,2011

I am sorry for everyone who reads this that I have not blogged lately.  I have spent a lot of time finishing school, extern and taking my national test in hopes to better our family.  My hopes of blogging regularly has been just that a hope.  With that being said I am blogging today to update:

Cole is now saying E-I-E-I-O. For parents of nonspeaking children you can imagine how happy I was. I videoed him and called my grandma to let her hear. It was one of the best days in my life. 

The PECS system is coming along and Cole is now starting to pick between 2 cards. He seems to love to torture Noreen and make her sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider song even though he doesn't like the song.  He smiles every time he picks the card even though he really wants to finish the task he started.

Monday we head up to JFK hospital for Cole's 3 day EEG. My goal is to keep him happy and also try to video the process. I am hoping that we will come out of this experience with a diagnose of no seizures and a video for parents who will go through this. I have googles looking for videos of what I have to expect and have found none on a toddler. I know that they preform these on toddlers but no one has posted them.  The hospital only allows one parent to stay with their child so I will be at the hospital alone. I am hoping to have family and friends who live by the hospital actually come visit us to keep Cole company. So I will keep everyone posted on this fun adventure we have.

So until Monday remember no matter why your child is delayed they will always be perfect in their own special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment