Monday, May 30, 2011

Update 5/30/11

Well I start blogging would be so much easier and I would be able to blog everyday. As you can see I haven't blogged in a little but over the next few days I have a lot going on with Cole. Cole's progress has been slow which has lead me to not have much to blog.  He has made progress but its slow progress and well it makes it hard to write anything.
 So we recently had his blood work done and I didn't realize that the blood work takes so long.  Its been over 2 weeks and I have yet to get the results.  I am hoping to get them this week.  I am also hoping that this gives us some insight in to why Cole still has no words. 

Cole also had his 6 month evaluation with EI....Let me say it was like a party here.  We had Noreen, Melissa, his speech therapist and then his social director.  Cole made a couple moths progress in most of his categorize but he is still below his age.  So we keep his goals that we started with since he is still working on them and then we also add a little to it. So needless to say we are still at 4 times a week with EI and 2 days at the hospital with his speech therapist. 

So this Tuesday Cole will be going for his EEG and MRI with sedation.  I am extremely worried about him and sorry that he has to go through this.  The hospital told us we had to sleep deprive him, no food after midnight and that he can have some water or apple juice until 6am.  Did I mention Cole goes to bed late and get up late.  He normally sleeps until 9am and well we have to be at the hospital at 8:15.  So needless to say he is already getting up earlier then normal. I am wondering how I am going to keep him up later and get him up before 6am so he could have a drink before he goes to the hospital.

These test are suppose to rule out autism and give us insight to see what it could be.  My biggest fear of all these test are not the autism but that he could be having seizures.  I have come to grips that it could be autistic.  It took a lot to get myself to the point of accepting and not blame myself so much.  I still have those days where I wonder if it was something I did.  I will never know who made Cole be speech delayed, I just know that I am doing everything in my power to help him.

Tomorrow I will try to actually post from my phone on my blog to keep my blog going and give parents who are going through the same thing some idea of what happens.  I might even start tweeting about Cole but first lets get the blog back on track.  I truly hope I am helping some parent out there and would love to hear from everyone. I hope that everyone is having a safe holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment