Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Communication

Well this post took longer to write because I was not sure where I wanted to go with my post.  I finally decided to wait until after Coles parent teacher conference to write.  SO we have made big strides in this household.  Cole is finally talking!!!!  I am so proud of him.  His teachers, aides and therapist have made this all possible.  I work with Cole often but it seems that the techniques that his team has given us has finally started working.  Cole can say, spell and write his name. He can say Dan(his brother), milk, phone, please, and a few more words. He will try to say any word you ask. Sometimes its perfect other times its not even close. No matter what we tell him "Good Job Cole" which he has learned to say.  After talking to his teacher she is so impressed with how Cole has improved.  I spent years working on language with Cole.  We did sign language, PECS and also trying to help him sound out letters.  Its almost like a switch clicked on and he started talking more.  I can only imagine what doors this will open for us with Cole.  He might actually be able to tell me what's bothering him one day.  I know I am getting ahead of myself but I waited 5 long years for this and plan to enjoy every day. I am sorry this is short post but I will try to keep updating as changes come a long.

No comments:

Post a Comment