Friday, August 26, 2011

Huricane

So I know I haven't posted in awhile but hearing about the hurricane coming inspired me to post. Seeing everyone panic and buying stores out of supplies makes me wonder what major supplies did everyone get for the store? I bought the basics for the house like most people do like bread, milk, and eggs. I also made sure I had Cole's favorite snacks in the house. There is nothing worse then having a child who doesn't understand why the power is out and not having treats for them. Since we are at the Jersey Shore we have had friends and family offer to have us stay there if we are evacuated. My hopes is that the storm is not so bad that we would have to leave our home. As thankful as I am for the invites I know it would be harder on Cole. The last time we did a sleepover was when he was an infant. I have no clue how he would handle a sleepover now. I have been told by a few people that children with autism like routine. I am by far the worst person for routine. I plan for major things but not for daily life.  So with our diagnose of autism I know that routine will soon come into my life. So I have to wonder if it does get bad here how will Cole handle a sleepover. I also wonder what toys and snacks would I pack for him. Keeping things as normal for him is always my top priority. SO my goals for the weekend are to make sure I have plenty of flashlights and candles along with Cole's snacks and favorite toys ready to go. SO the question comes up what have you done to get ready for the hurricane? Do you make sure that you have special things in the house for your child(ren) when you have a storm headed your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment